Compared to the others, Quebec Investor Category is considered as one of the simplest Immigrant Programs to Canada with significant advantages for qualified applicants:
– It is a condition-free immigrant visa.
– No foreign language required.
– Interview is not completely compulsory (If the provided evidence in your file is clear enough).
– Any donations and/or gifts received at least 6 months before submitting the application are admissible in the total net assets.
– The procedure is simplified: there is no business plan or exploratory trip required because applicants do not have to conduct any business project.
– You and your family are welcomed to live in any Canadian province as long as you receive your Permanent Resident card.
– Children of successful applicants are able to study university immediately, which will save a lot of money from international study tuition and fees. They can also earn bursaries as Canadian children do.
However, there are still some disadvantages of the category such as:
– Applicant will have to wait for 3 years before finally set up their lives in Canada.
– Freezing 800,000 CAD for 5 years, which means no profit generated OR pay approximately 220,000 CAD instead of lending Quebec government 800,000 CAD for 5 years.