Citizenship and Immigration Canada Announces A Immigration Plan for 2014

Ottawa, October 28, 2013 —Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Mr. Chris Alexander recently announced an immigration plan that will help drive economic in the year of 2014 and position Canada for success in the years ahead.

Mr. Alexander said that Canada Government’s top priority is to secure the economic growth of the country. Additionally, Canada is competing globally the best and brightest immigrants; thus the new immigration plan is designed to attract the needed people.

Generally, Mr. Alexander noted that Canada plans to welcome 240,000 to 265,000 new permanent residents in 2014, with record admissions forecast in both the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and the Provincial Nominee Program.

Economic immigration is proposed to increase to 63% in 2014. The remaining 37 per cent will consist of family class immigrants, refugees and others admitted under humanitarian programs.

 

Mr. Alexander committed to clean the backlogs issue by reducing the waiting times and improving services. Plus, family reunion and refugees will be their priorities also.

Canada is heading to a new intake system called the Expression of Interest System (EOI). The plan for 2014 takes that change into account and works toward a successful launch on January 1, 2015.

Every summer, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) consults with provinces, territories and stakeholders across Canada to develop a balanced immigration plan. They also seek feedback from the Canadian public. This year, CIC received over 4,700 responses between June 21 and August 31, 2013.

 Source: CIC

Comments are closed.