You are thinking of choosing reliable immigration consultant?
There are several tips for prospective immigrants to find reliable immigration consultant:
- Seek for recommendation from friends, relatives. Those who you can trust. Find chances to meet different consultants before choosing
- Ask consultants’ qualification and experiences. An authorized immigration consultant needs to be:
Lawyers and paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society. To check if a consultant is a member of Quebec Law Society, for example, you can check his/her status at:http://www.barreau.qc.ca
Notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec, website http://www.cdnq.org/en/, and;
Immigration consultants who are members in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Councils (ICCRC). To check if a consultant is a member of ICCRC, you can check his online status at: www.iccrc-crcic.ca
- Ask about available immigration services and fees
- Ask questions. If consultants refuse to answer your question, you should be wary.
- Be alert with anything that sounds too good to be true.