Quebec – A historical yet unique land!
Few facts about Quebec
- Location: East – Central of Canada
- Population: 7.6 billion
- Capital: Quebec City
- Largest city: Montreal
- Official Language: French (16% residents can merely speak English)
- GDP: 345,842 billion CAD$ (2011), contributes 19.62% to the country’s total GDP
- Economy: 38th largest economy in the world
- Dominated Industries: International Trading, Space and Aeronautics, Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Energy, Transportation, Finance
- Unemployment rate: 7.6% (2012)
Quebec Entrepreneur Program – Business Immigration
To be able to immigrate to Quebec province, you have to meet the following conditions:
- Net assets of at least CAD $300,000 that has been legally obtained with, where applicable, your married or common-law spouse provided he or she is accompanying you.
- At least two years’ experience in running a business acquired during the five years preceding the date you submitted your application in a lawful and profitable business (agricultural, industrial or commercial) that you manage, alone or with your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, controlling at least 25% of the capital equity.
Experience in running a business is here defined as the actual and full – time assuming of the responsibilities and duties related to the planning, management and control of material, financial and human resources, provided that such responsibilities and duties are not assumed in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma;
Full time means that the person devoted all of their working time to management during the period in question. Note: Points are given based on the duration of the responsibilities assumed and full – time assuming of such responsibilities
- Make a personal investment of at least CAD $100,000 to establish or to purchase and expand an eligible business in Quebec province
Take a free assessment to see if you qualify for the Quebec Entrepreneur Programs.
*Updated: New quota for Quebec Entrepreneur and Investor Programs effective from 1st of April 2015, click here.