British Columbia – A land of amazing diversity
Few facts about British Columbia
- Location: Western of Canada, surrounded by beautiful valleys and mountains along with long beach coast.
- Population: 4 million
- Capital: Victoria
- Biggest City: Vancouver, ranked #1 place among other Canadian cities on Mercer’s 2012 Quality of Life Worldwide City Rankings
- Official Language: English
- GDP: 217,749 million CAD$ (2011), contributes 12.36% to the country’s total GDP
- Dominated Industries: Forestry, Mining, Construction, Telecommunications, Tourism
- Unemployment rate: 6.8% (2012)
BC Provincial Nominee Program – Business Immigration
To be eligible for Entrepreneur program, you must:
- Make a personal investment of at least $CA 200,000 to establish or to purchase and expand an eligible business anywhere in British Columbia.
- Create at least one permanent new full time equivalent job in the business for a Canadian or permanent resident
- Own at least one third (33%) of the equity of the business.
- Provide active and on-going participation in the day to day management and direction of the business.
- Demonstrate that you have:
– Skills and experience necessary to establish and operate a commercially viable business in British Columbia;
– Personal net worth of at least $CA 600,000 which is legally obtained and verifiable;
– Sufficient unencumbered personal funds to make the required investment;
– Viable business proposal;
Take a free assessment to see if you qualify for the British Columbia Entrepreneur Programs