Frequently Asked Questions

Immigration to Canada is a complex procedure which can be facilitated thanks to YVAR International.

Several questions can come out throughout the process. If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please contact us directly. YVAR International will be in touch with you shortly.


What is the difference between a work visa and a visa for permanent residence?

The work visa, or work permit, grants the right to reside and work in Canada for a given period. The type of employment is also generally restricted. The work visa does not automatically lead to obtaining a visa for permanent residence. Whereas the visa for permanent residence allows one to live and work anywhere in Canada and benefit from various advantages normally granted to Canadian citizens.

YVAR International works towards obtaining the visa for permanent residence for its clients, so they can live and work in Canada while taking advantage of interesting benefits.

How do I know if I can qualify for immigration to Canada?

The best way to know if you can qualify for immigration to Canada is to fill out our free online assessment form. This is a free evaluation and YVAR International will be able to estimate if you qualify to the immigration programs. You can fill out the form as an investor, entrepreneur or a professional worker.

Who can I include in my application for my immigration visa?

You can include your husband/wife, common-law partner along with your dependent children. Children under 22 years of age are considered as dependent children. They too will be prone to a medical examination in addition to a legal background check.

Will I have to undergo medical examinations?

Yes, the Canadian authorities require all applicants to be subject to medical examinations. The examination can be carried out in your country of origin.

How long does the Canadian immigration process take?

The processing time varies according to the programs and files. A more precise timeline can be given to you during your meeting with YVAR International. Contact us for more information about delays and fees here.

Which documents do I have to include with my application for business person category?

The required documents vary from one program to another in accordance to your personal situation. In order to avoid giving you inappropriate information, YVAR International would rather provide you a personalized list of documents to include in your application when meeting with you in person. Learn about the 12 steps to a successful immigration.

Can the required documents be submitted in my native language?

Your supporting documents can be submitted in your native language, but they all must be accompanied by a translation in English or French. Some documents have to be translated by a certified translator.

Does the Canadian government charge fees for the immigration application analysis?

The government indeed requires fees for the treatment of your file. Those will be requested at the time you submit application. Since costs vary according to various criteria of your file, they will be explained to you when meeting in person with YVAR International. Contact us for more information about delays and fees here.

If I apply as a skilled worker, do I need to have obtained a Canadian job offer beforehand in order to be eligible to this immigration program?

No, in order to be eligible for the skilled workers immigration program, you do not necessarily need to have received a job offer from a Canadian recruiter. On the other hand, you do need to answer certain criteria and you have to make sure your profession is amongst the eligible professions for skilled workers defined by the Government of Canada.

Does the Investor program require me to settle in a specific province?

No, the immigrant visa emitted for investors does not compel you to immediately choose the place of residence. Moreover, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees an access to all territories and Canadian provinces.

As an applicant to the Investor program, when exactly am I required to do my investment?

Your investment will be necessary once your immigration application is approved. In order to make your investment, you can use your personal funds or use a financial institution being on the list of the establishments recognized by the Canadian government.

Does the immigrant visa for investors requires me to work and/or start a business in Canada?

No, the immigrant visa for investors gives you the right to work and/or start a business in Canada, but this is not mandatory.

What are the conditions related to the immigrant visa as an entrepreneur?

Certain conditions must be respected within 3 years following your arrival in Canada as an immigrant entrepreneur.

You are required to:

  • Manage the equal value or a third of the stockholders’ equity of a Canadian company
  • Be implicated in this Canadian business management, and
  • Create a full-time job for a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen, other than yourself or a member of your family.

Failing to respect these obligations, you could lose your status of permanent resident. Learn about the immigration program for Entrepreneur.

Once in Canada, what services could be helpful to me?

Several organizations offer services entirely dedicated to new immigrants. The Canadian government and each province implement many free programs in order to facilitate your installation and integration in the Canadian society. Assistance for housing, support when looking for a job, language classes, assistance with the subscription of your children to school, social activities and many other services ensuring hassle-free-integration are offered in Canada. Find more through our links here.

How can I benefit from the services of YVAR International?

First of all fill out our free assessment form. We will thus be able to determine if you are eligible for the immigration into Canada and YVAR International will shortly be in touch with you.